Monday, May 15, 2017

Cinco de Mayo- Mon 5/8/2017 4:18 PM

Dear friends and family,

This week was Cinco de Mayo. I learned a lot. So, basically what it is is a commemoration of the battle of the Puebla. (And for those of you who don't know what that is, That's okay. I didn´t know either, but here is what I learned) The battle of the Puebla was a battle that the Mexican people of the state Pueble won against the french. 

We had exchanges that day, so I had the pleasure of heading off with our zone leader Elder Muñoz. From Puebla. And here I was with my ancestors from France. Yeah, I don´t know how funny that is looking at it written down, but it felt pretty funny when it happened....

So anyway, on to something a little bit more spiritual. Elder Muñoz and I contacted a lady and (it was so cool, and I wish you guys could have seen it) Elder Muñoz just kind of started talking to her. After a few seconds, he pulled out a copy of The Family: A Proclamation to the World and asks her to read a paragraph. She said we could maybe come back and visit her if she has the time (which is awesome), but I would like to talk a little about what he shared with her. So, what he shared was basically that families are stronger when we pray and follow the example of Christ in our homes and families. And how true that is. There is a power that we have in prayer. There is a power that we have in following the example of Christ. The better we become, the closer we come to Him, and the happier we become. 

Really, I love families and I love prayer. These are two gifts that God has given us to help us in this life. I know that's true. 

Love you guys,
Elder DuBose
p.s. Don´t really have any pictures this week. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment