Friday, December 16, 2016

December 16, 2016 Easily the 3rd hardest thing that I've ever had to do.


Elder Kline Perryman DuBose
Today, 1:40 PM

Easily the 3rd hardest thing that I've ever had to do.
Not even that. It's probably in the top two, for sure. 


Before I start telling all of you about how this past few weeks have gone, I just got to give a little shout out to my cousin Addy and my buddy Pepe who did such a good job in the worldwide MTC devotional on Tuesday. (My companion made fun of me for a little bit because I started to freak out a little bit when I saw them) 


Anyway, back to the hardest thing that I've ever done. The first few days here just kind of dragged on for eternity, but this second week has been flying buy at the speed of light. We basically wake up everyday, eat breakfast, learn Spanish, learn the Gospel (in Spanish), eat lunch, teach the gospel (in broken Spanglish), eat dinner, and practice Spanish. It makes me wish I had taken Spanish in highschool or something. (And it turns out that Spanish for Dummies isn't actually all that helpful for learning how to teach the gospel).

My companain is Elder Romberg from Huntington Beach, California. (My dad's home town, for those who don't know my family history as well as I do). He has to be one of the best people that I could have asked to have as a companion. He is so good at speaking Spanish already and helps me out a town.

That's about all that has happened this week, and I'd like to leave you all with my testimony. The church is true. The gospel is true, and the cool thing that I've learned this week is that it's the same everywhere. I'll be sitting in class (not knowing what's being said) and I'll just feel a burning in my heart, and I know that whatever the teacher or student or president is saying is true. I love this work! And bear testimony of the truthfullness of it, in el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Love,
Elder Kline DuBose

p.s. My mom will be posting all of this stuff on a blog, if you want to follow it. The blog might just be like DVD extras if you like that kind of stuff. So, go follow it at elderklinedubose.blogspot.com

 The view from our casa, which is even prettier at night.
 Elder Bradshaw, Elder Talbot and Me

                                                                             Elder Bradshaw, Elder Talbot and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment