Monday, January 2, 2017

Seasons Greetings from Beautiful Mexico City CCM! Fri 12/23/2016, 1:33 PM


-- Elder Kline DuBose





Dear all those people that said they would read my emails and probably forget to just like I did,

And Sunday is Christmas! It's practically here!

It feels just like yesterday that I got here and yet I'm almost halfway done with my time here. How crazy is that?

We had a really good week this week. We had a devotional this Tuesday about working hard and trying to remember how all of our families want you to succeed and to do well out here.

The guy giving the devotional talked about a missionary who wanted to go home, and his mission president couldn't convince him to stay. So the mission president's wife talked to the elder and convinced him. Shocked, the mission president asked his wife what she said. His wife replied that she asked him how disappointed his mom would be if she found out that she couldn't raise him to be brave. The mission president then told his wife that the elders mom had died when the elder was five. The missionary knew his mom was still alive, and wanted the best for him and wanted him to be brave.

I know, just like the missionary in the story, that this life is not the end. I know that I'll get to see those that I love and cherish once more. And this is all thanks to the gospel and atonement of Jesus Christ. I testify of the truthfulness of these things, In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Merry Christmas,

Some pictures from my experience here. I think they have Elder Young, Elder Williams, and Elder Romberg. 






No comments:

Post a Comment