Monday, February 5, 2018

Transfers came... - Mon 1/29/2018, 4:21 PM


We played pool with the zone leaders 

Dear friends and family,
So, transfers came yesterday and Elder Lingenbrink and I will be together for at least one more transfer!! That should be awesome, because one of our investigators told us that she wants to be baptized, and we are working for the date 17 of february. That was kind of a shock for us. We went in to go teach and ended up talking about the Holy Ghost when we had planned to talk about faith. It turns out to be just what we needed to do. We asked her how she felt at church, when she reads the Book of Mormon, and with her family. She then told us that she believes that the Church is the Church of God. We asked her what she needed to do then, and she said something like "Well, I guess I need to get baptized." She didn't have a specific date in mind, so we suggested the 17 of february, and she accepted.
It really just kind of boosted my faith and my testimony that the scriptures really are true. Like the scriptures say, the "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23) The Church is true, and I know it for I have asked. I have put the Book of Mormon to the test, and know it to be of God. He loves us, and would never lead us astray.
Love you all!
Love,
Elder DuBose
p.s. We played pool with the zone leaders for our last preparation day together. Elder Platt is going to a different area.


No comments:

Post a Comment