Monday, September 4, 2017

Yeah, I'm not going to do that - Mon July 10, 2017 4:25 PM

 Just a selfie of me and my comp.

Dear friends, family, and anyone else on this list,

We went to go pick up one of our golden investigators this week. Umm... that was kind of a let down. She lives behind the Walmart that we have here in Matehuala and a pack of semi wild dogs kind of gaurd her door. To make a long story less interesting, we almost got attacked by a pack of semi wild dogs this sunday! And... she wasn't home. Her brother has been struggling with a few things, and she had to go to the hospital with him this Sunday. 

It's kind of a bummer that when good things start to happen that all kinds of bad things start to happen too. Really, it makes me kind of sad to think about that, but then I think of the plan of Salvation. This life is a series of tests to prepare us more fully for the eternities. It won't be easy, but it definatly won't get easier if you stop doing the simple things. Just like in math, you need to know and do the basics in order to answer the haredest questions. And, in life, the basics are prayer, scripture study, going to church, and keeping the commandments. The more we do that, the easier the test will be come. I've seen that a lot in my life and I can testify of that. 

Love you guys, and have the best week ever!

Love,
Elder DuBose
p.s. my collection of cool things I've got, 
Elder Cornejo drawing my plan of salvation
The same moon
 that you all see every night.
 Another selfie of Elder Cornejo and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment