Monday, September 4, 2017

It got really hot this week... - Mon July 24, 2017 4:22 PM


 Monopoly was on sell for 200 pesos this week at Walmart. Awesome, right?

Dear friends and family,
After all of the rain the past two weeks, I thought we would keep getting a break from the heat, but... it got really hot this week. 
The good news is, we have been finding a ton of awesome people. One of our new investigators is super amazing. We gave her a pamphlet of the Restauration, and we went back and she said, "I read it. Like twice. It's interesting. I want to learn a lot more!" We gave her a Book of Mormon, and when we went back to ask her how it was, she looked at us and said, "I couldn't really understand it. I had to read it twice, but this is what I understood." (I won't put what happens in the Book of Mormon, I would want to spoil anything for you guys when you want to read it) and proceeded to tell us happened in the first twelve chapters of first nephi.
It made me kind of think for  a little bit. I mean, I think we can understand the Book of Mormon without really understanding what we need to. Sometimes, we need to go back and read something again in order to understand what is happening better. Or even just to get a little bit of help out when we need. Reading the Book of Mormon is a life long challenge, and it is awesome! It really is the keystone of our religion, and, when studied with all the words of the sacred prophets in the Bible or those of the Latter-Days, it will bring you closer to God. I know that is true. 
I love you guys, and hope you have a week as wonderful as you are!
Love,
Elder DuBose

We had an activity as a branch to get the young kids to invite their friends to the church. It was a futbol tournament and it was followed by a basketball and volleyball tournament. 
The jersies we bought for the tournament


And
more Monopoly.

No comments:

Post a Comment