Wednesday, January 11, 2017

How Rare a Possession- Wed. Jan 11, 2017 12:34 PM

Dear todos los pueblos on my E-mail list,

How is it going?

Here things are going extremely well. We watched a really cool church movie this past Sunday about how wonderful the Book of Mormon is, and "How rare a possession" it is that we have.

One of the stories that was in the movie involved an italian minister in another church. He was walking to the place where he was preaching in New York, when he found a book that had been slightly burned and that was missing the cover page. He took the book back to his house and read it. After he had read every last page of the book, he followed the advice that was written in the last chapter of the book. (And as you probably guessed, the book was the Book of Mormon, so he followed the advice in Moroni 10:4-5) He prayed and the answer came back that the book he was reading was scripture. I don't think I could explain everything that happens to him afterwards, so I reccomended trying to find a copy of it and watching it.

But that movie really inspired me to study the Book of Mormon a little bit more than I have been. I can definately say that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I would like to invite all of you to read this book and follow the advice of Moroni in Moroni 10:4-5. I can promise you that each and everyone of you will receive an answer from God, if you will just take the oppurtunity to earnestly seek out these things and to earnestly seek out the truth. I testify of these things, in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love each and every one of you guys, and the next time that I write, I'll be able to tell you all a little bit about the Mexico Aguascalentes mission. 

I'll be praying for you!

Love,
Elder Kline DuBose

p.s. These are some pictures from our trip to the Mexico City Temple grounds and visitor center today. Hope they turned out all right.



Some interesting facts about the Mexico City Temple:
It is the largest LDS temple outside of the USA
The angel Moroni on the top is holding the Plates of Gold and is one of only five angel Moroni's that does that, in the world.
It has one of the 32 total visitors centers in the world.





















No comments:

Post a Comment