Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Well, this is were it gets tricky...Wed January 18, 2017 3:23 PM

To my adorring fan club,

I've arrived in my mission and have started serving in my first area right now. I'm serving in the San Luis Potosla area. (and I probably spelled that wrong too).

My companion is an elder (that sounds obvious now that I read that out loud) and his name is Elder Can. He doesn't know a ton of english, but he knows a ton about the Bible and the Scriptures and has been helping me out a lot in all of my endevors to learn the language. 

And, just today, I had a pretty cool experience with the gift of tongues. We were at a members house and one of them was talking to me, and I just couldn't figure out what he was saying. I was trying really hard when all of the sudden it clicked, he was saying, "You don't understand much Spanish, do you?" That was one of the highlights of my short time here in the mission field.

This whole experience has made me think about how much God has been helping me out. I mean, I'm in a country I don't know that well, trying to speak a language I don't know to a group of people that can barely understand me. But, I know that He's there. I've felt His presence every single day that I've been serving Him. He's there for all of you guys too. I testify of that, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

love, 
Elder Kline DuBose




No comments:

Post a Comment