Tuesday, March 7, 2017

And it just goes to show you... Mon February 6, 2017 4:26 PM


To my beloved family and friends,

Boy, oh boy, was this week a riot. Elder Can and I moved into a new house, met a few new investigators, and walked around in the hot sun for hours on end. (So, I probably look less like a white kid from Utah and more like a burnt white kid from Utah)

But something amazing happened this week. Elder Can and I were buying some supplies in a tienda near our new house that we couldn't wait until P-day to buy, and as we were leaving  the store, a lady called out to us. We turned around, and she started walking towards us, and held out her hand. So Elder Can and I extended our hands to greet her as well, and it was about than that I noticed something in hand. She handed us one hundred ish pasos. 

Well, Elder Can and I tried to tell her that we didn't need this money and she should keep it, but she kept saying, "Take it. This is my donantion to you and your church." and than she said something that really made me tear up. she said, "Please take it. I'm a mother of two boys about your ages and I want to help you." And right after that, she turned away and was gone before I could adequately express my gratitude. 

My dear family and friends, God is always watching over you. He knows what you need. I doubt anyone knew that I had been having a rough day that day, and espically not that woman, but Someone did. That act of kindness meant so much to me, and I know that mother will be blessed for her kind actions. Please, if you ever fill prompted to do something kind for someone, don't hesitate to do so. It could change there day, just like it did mine. 

The Church is true, and God loves each and everyone of us. 

Love,
Elder DuBose
p.s. Elder Can and I playing zone leaders and waiting to meet the new missionaries in our zone for this cambio. (Our zone leader was a little sick). 

 All of the work sometimes tires an Elder out.
 And a cool little park a short distance from my area. Super beautiful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment