Tuesday, March 7, 2017

President Neilson and Finding Joy - Mon February27, 2017 4:32 PM


Dear friends, family, and everyone in-between,

This week was super exciting. So, we've been looking forward to something for almost the whole time I've been out in the field and it happened this Friday. Well, almost happened. Let me explain.

So, a few weeks ago, we got notified that we would be having a visit from President Neilson of the quorum of the twelve on this Friday. We got in the bus at like ten, drove the three hours to Zacateces and sang hymns for an hour just trying to prepare for this moment. I was so excited to meet a special witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

And the area president of Mexico comes in. We have a devotional, and he says, "I don´t think President Neilsen is coming. Something happened to his plane. He won't be able to make it."

What a let down, am I right?

So we got home. It's kind of late. I'm tired and disappointed, and guess what happens next. I looked at the general conference edition of the Liahona and I think, I should read the talk by Pres. Neilsen. So I say I'll read it tomorrow, when I get the impression once again. Kind of like, "No. you should read it now." And thank goodness we had just had a devotional about following the Spirit, no mater what it says or when it says it. So I picked up the talk and read it.

And it was all about JOY. This is our purpose on the earth. As the prophet Lehi says, "Men are that they might have joy." This is our purpose on earth. And like Pres. Neilsen said in his talk (and this might be paraphrased), "We need to have joy when something happens or when something doesn't happen."

I testify that this is true. We can have joy no matter what the circumstance. And that joy comes through Christ. Remember that. I also testify that God has a plan to help us to joy. That plan is the Plan of Salvation and it has been revealed in this day and age to living prophets in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know this is His church restored on the earth. 

Love you all,
Elder DuBose
p.s. This photos are of me and some of the other elders. The one in the trunk of the car is my companion Elder Can. 

The others are elders Rojas, Becerra, Plat, and Rocha.

We said good-bye to one of our zone leaders this week. Elder Rojas. I'm going to miss him a ton, but he should do great things back in his home.

So, today, for P-Day, Elder Can and I got to go see a zoo. It was kind of like the Willow Park Zoo, but way bigger. I'm going to try to send as many pictures as I can, but we'll see how many that is. It was really cool. They didn't have all of the features open, but the member we were with told us about a lot of them. They had a zipline that goes over one of the enclosures. How cool is that?








No comments:

Post a Comment