Tuesday, March 7, 2017

When you get to suffer for the Savior. - Mon February 13, 2017 4:09 PM

Dear friends and family,

This week has been an awesome week down here in Aguascalentes. 

I don't have any really awe inspiring stories that happened this week, but I did have a really cool experience in my scripture study. 

I was kind of having a rough time. This is hard. People having agency sometimes is a really rough thing, espically when they turn down the truths you hold so dear to your heart, or even don't really want to listen. And I was reading in the April 2016 issue of the Liahona and one of the articles talked about temple work, but had a reference to a story at the beginning of Acts. So, I flipped to the story and it was about the apostles. (it's Acts 5, if you want to read it to) And the last four verses really caught my attention. Some backstory, the Apostles are in jail, and they go before a council and are told to stop preaching about Christ. So, they get whipped and are sent on there way, and, this is the part that I really like, went rejoicing, consindering themselves blessed that they get to suffer for the Lord.

Wow. That really hit me. Sure, I don't have people listen to me, but they literally got whipped and beaten because of this work, and they were happy for it! I think that is a real example of optimism. I hope that I can be like that too.

Have a happy valentine's day this week. Tell someone that you love them, but remember the one person that loves you even more. And be ready to suffer a little bit to show you love Him back.

Love you guys, and you'll hear from me next week.

--Elder DuBose

p.s. Some of the elders from my zone and me.


p.s.s.  toothbrush number two,


and the view from the roof of the zone leaders house at night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment