Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Well, where do we begin? - Mon February 20, 2017 4:35 PM


Dear friends and family,

How are y'all?

Well, it's the last week of my first transfer cycle, and the time feels like it has gone by so fast. 

So, I learned something this week. Sometimes, when I don't understand someone, it's not always because I don't understand Spanish. This Sunday, Elder Can and I had some splits that we went on to help out a missionary that wasn't feeling well. So, I was sitting in my second sacrament meeting, and once we got done, the first counselor came down and asked me to help the choir director by playing the piano for them for the chior practice. That was eaisly the hardest thing I have ever had to do (and to all you out there that know how to play the piano and have a desire to serve, either learn all the hymns, or never tell anyone you can sight read). At points I felt like crying because I had no idea what the chior director was talking about.

And we went to our lunch appointment with all of the elders and hermanas that were singing in the chior that day, and one of the first things that they said was, "Did you guys understand what he was talking about?" And I felt a great relief.

That just goes to show you, that sometimes you think that your suffering alone, but you're not. There are other people who have had similar experiences to yours. 

Love you guys, and see you next week!

--Elder DuBose

p.s. the pictures are of me and a few of the elders. I think I might have sent some of them to you already, but I can't remember. Anyway. We went to a buffet today because this was the last p-day for one of the elders. He gets to go home next week, and it's going to be pretty sad. He's a really good missionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment