Monday, March 13, 2017

Chapter 10: Mon. March 13, 2017 5:24 PM

In which Elder DuBose discovers why one should never buy an alarm clock that resets itself  automatically for daylight savings time and then take it to another country...
Why did this shirt look so familiar?? It only took me a minute to figure it out.  Jajajaj


Dear friends and family,

So, it turns out that the day to change you clocks back is different here in Mexico than it is in the United States. That was a fun thing to discover at 5:30 in the morning this Sunday. (Or the alarm clock I have is just defective, but I really hope the day is just different)

So, after I made my little discovery, I fell back asleep, but forgot to reset my alarm, so when we got up, Elder Can and I had forty minutes to get ready for and get to church. So we got ready in like thirty-ish minutes and had about two miles to run to make it to church on time. We tried to call for a taxi, but they didn't answer. So we said a prayer before we left our house that we would find a taxi that would get us to church on time. 

We started walking, and walked for like five minutes when it happened. It might not seem like that big of a deal, but we have never found a taxi coming towards us on that street before. He drove us to church, and we got there like one minute before we started, but he didn't have any change. And I reached into my pocket and pulled out the thirty pesos I had felt like I needed to grab before we left, and we ended up giving him a five peso tip for getting us to church on time. 

He does here your prayers, and he does bless you. Look for those blessings, because they might be a small as finding a taxi right when you need one. 

Love you all,

Elder DuBose

p.s. This week was Elder Can's birthday,

 and some of the members have thought he was from China, so ...

Look at the pictures.

And I found a familiar looking car in the streets this week, too. (It looks just like the one I left at home!)



No comments:

Post a Comment