Tuesday, November 21, 2017

On last miracle before I leave... Mon 8/14, 4:34 PM


Dear friends, family, and anyone else who might be reading this,

This week, we had transfers. I got pulled out of Matehuala and sent about five hours away to the city of Zacatecas in the state Zacatecas. It's really beautiful. I love it here already!
So, the miracle is this. The friday before we left, we got a call from one of our investigators who had a baptismal date. She told us that she couldn't be baptized this Saturday, and then the zone leaders called us to tell us that they are closing our area. Yup. That was a bummer. We had to do divisions, so I taught an english class and Elder Cornejo went to go see what he could to. Long story short, we had a baptism Sunday morning before church! It was really cool. 
And we went to go visit our investigators before we left to tell them good-bye. One of them has a baptismal date for this next Saturday, the 19th. We walked in, and she told us, "Don't worry. I don't care who the missionaries are. I'm going to be baptized in your church. I'll send you the pictures too. Know that all your work wasn't in vain." She then told us about the conversion she had had over the past couple weeks. It was one of the most powerful things I have ever heard. 
But, I know that those people are in really good hands. I know that it is God who sends us to our areas, even if we don't quite understand why, He knows what He is doing. 
Well, that's about it for this week. Love you guys!
Love,
Elder DuBose
p.s. Our baptism

 some investigators

my worn out shoes,

one last selfie with Elder Cornejo

the first of many with Elder Barragon

our house,

and the best pictures I have of Zacatecas so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment