Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The long grind... Mon 8/7, 5:57 PM

This morning with my District
Dear friends and family,

We got a little bit of an adventure this week. This last week, the landlord of the other elders in our branch said, "Well, my wife is going to have surgery, and I need your house, so get out." To make a long story less interesting, we've got for elders living in our house right now, and things are cramped and loud. 
But, I have to say, it is really fun. It gets really hard sometimes, but really fun.
I was reading an article in an old liahona by Elder Quintin L. Cook called "Looking beyond the Mark" and what he said has really stuck with me for the past couple of days. In the article, he talks about how we tend to think to much, or how we tend to put our attention where it doesn't always need to be. In this article, he shares a poem and the lines I can remember go, "But harder is the daily drag, To smile at trials which fret and fag, and not to murmmer nor to lag," and then it says something like, and you'll have made it!
The truth is, there is a lot I don't understand, but I feel like I can trust God and the plan He has for me. It might be hard to see that final picture, but I know that keeping his comandments will bring blessings. It might seem like one long grind, but in the end we are so much the better for it. 
Love you guys!
Love,
Elder DuBose
p.s. I don't have a lot of pictures, but here is one of a birthday card I thought was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment