Wednesday, November 22, 2017

That awkward moment.. Mon 8/28, 4:42 PM

Dear friends and family,

So, not a whole ton has happened since last wednesday, or at least that I can remember. Haha. That´s kind of awkward. 

But, I learned a lot about the importance of the Sabath Day this week. Really, just how important the Sacrament is. In section 59 of the Doctrine and Covanents, the Lord told the early saints (and us) that in order to keep ourselves more unspotted from the world, we should go to his holy house every Sunday and offer our sacraments to the Most High. Later on, he tells us that this day is a day given unto us to rest. We were talking about this experience with a less active member and I told her that the weeks when I have not participated in the Sacrament have been harder to bear. That though my body was rested, my spirit just felt kind of drained. So often we focus on the rest of our bodies that we tend to forget that the sabath was made to help our spirits recharge too. With that insight, the Sacrament ment a lot more to me this week. It is the most important part of our Sabbath day observance, and the recharge it gives us is so real.

I know that the church is true!

Love,
Elder DuBose
p.s. I  bought new shoes (that say I Can Do all Things in Christ)

Study Area

Kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment